Future Artpreneurship 2022-2023 was a project to sustain the creative sector over the long term through an innovative life wide learning model and solutions. It was a unique collaboration between different academic and cultural institutions in the Nordic and Baltic regions.
Project task was to develop learning solutions for learners at all professional levels, with Nordic and Baltic dimension. Through learning development Aalto EE and Aalto University wanted to strengthen the creative industries through diversity in the workforce, fostering new approaches to networking and management, attention to emerging business skills, and a consistent focus on sustainable economic activity. Furthermore, the task is to enable new employment opportunities and social inclusion for creative sector professionals in a vibrant, increasingly multicultural, and globally connected society.
Five Key needs discovered that are unmet:
Translating & communicating skills
- Willingness & abilities in marketing.
- Own competencies communicated in a way relevant to others.
- Mentoring & other psychological support.
Varied demands of collaboration
- Management & leadership of self & others.
- Networking within & across fields.
- Novel solutions to expand markets.
“The right” economic skillset
- Familiarity with the wide array of business models.
- Business operations on a day-to-day level.
- Own skills vs. collaboration / purchasing.
Preparation for working life realities
- Lifewide Learning: bringing together people at various stages.
- Identifying relevant skills at different stages of the learner’s path.
- Demystifying working life requirements & opportunities.
Up to date in constant change
- Ability to observe & interpret changing operating environments & actors.
- Future-oriented skills: conceptual thinking, future studies, innovating.
Future topics for learning solutions
- Course on business thinking & methodology for all students.
- Shortcuts for learning: Small-scale offering in life wide learning opportunities.
- Mentoring & personal guidance, bringing together people across the life wide learning spectrum.
- Process thinking, creative & business development processes, bridging the gap.
Future Artpreneurship project was a collaboration project between a wide and international group of expert partners.
The operative project teams were:
- Aalto University Executive Education
- Aalto University
- Pentagon Design
- Pentagon Insight
The steering groups and advisors were:
- The Nationalmuseum of Sweden
- Tallinn Music Week
- TAKU ry
More information about the project:
Nana Salin, Director, Alternative Funding, Aalto EE
Saastamoinen Foundation and Nordplus Horizontal made the project possible.
Photos: Aalto EE, Otso Alasko